Esterbrook Camden Fountain Pen, Silver, Fine Nib
Named for the city where Richard settled his company, the Camden Collection speaks to a time in the 1930’s when Camden, NJ was at its most prosperous and home to some of the most important innovations of its day. Perhaps most famously, it was the birthplace of RCA Victor where, in 1933, an experimental TV station broadcast would be the first signs of technology that would ultimately eclipse the radio. As RCA was producing millions of records, Esterbrook was producing millions of pens. One can almost hear the sounds of the production belts humming along still. Now, this dignified American town of the early twentieth century translates to an equally classic pen. As records have made their comeback in the last decade, so too, has the American fountain pen. Produced in three colors, Rose, Graphite and Silver, with bright silver hardware, the Camden, is streamlined and sleek. Designed for ultimate comfort when writing, the pen features a contoured grip section and a satin-like finish with a grain that harkens to the grooves on a record. The pen is balanced with a weight that feels substantial without feeling like, well, heavy metal. Whether you are penning daily notes, journaling, planning, or writing the next great tune for the American songbook, the Camden will become a standard in your collection.
Length Capped: 5.9" (150 mm); Length Uncapped: 5" (127 mm); Length Posted: 6.7" (170 mm); Width at center of barrel: 0.53" (13.5 mm); Weight: 0.85 oz. (24 g)
- Comfortably balanced fountain pen in a complete range of points for the way you write
- Nib size/point size fine, medium and broad. Specially manufactured in Germany by Schmidt (nib size #6)
- Lightweight anodizd aluminum barrel and cap
- Cushion cap closure provides a secondary seal to ensure a wet point
- Contoured grip section
- Ink is filled by a cartridge of ink or a converter (included), which acts like a syringe to draw ink from a bottle
- Sleek clip provides a clean accent for the cap and slides easily to ones shirt pocket
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.